While you can take on all of the work of administering your loved one’s estate and trusts, there are many ways to make mistakes without legal and tax counsel. Even without mistakes, our experience shows that the cost in legal fees is the same or more when you administer the estate or trust yourself and have the work reviewed or corrected by a lawyer later. Consider professional legal advice from the start to save some time.
When a loved one passes, you’ll need that time to focus on honoring your loved one’s memory, comforting others, and dealing with your own grief. As your life and responsibilities go, so do the lives of your family and friends, who deserve your love and attention too.
Belle Vie Legacy Law, PLLC can work with you either way you choose. We provide reliable post-mortem estate probate and trust administration services that are designed to guide families through the process as seamlessly as possible.
Estate Administrator and Trustee Responsibilities
After a loved one passes, your responsibilities as administrator or trustee can include the following:
- Probating the Last Will and Testament in court
- Collecting, inventorying, and evaluating all assets
- Obtaining federal tax identification numbers for the estate and trust
- Preparing and filing one or more federal and state tax returns for the decedent’s final state and federal income, estate income, or trust income
- Required minimum distributions from defined contribution retirement plans owned by the decedent and, if named as death beneficiary, by the estate or trusts
- Paying decedent’s unpaid bills, taxes, and claims, expenses of estate and trust administration, and funeral costs
- Selling real estate or other assets of the estate or trust
- Communicating with, calculating, and distributing to beneficiaries
- Preparing and filing accounts with beneficiaries and the probate court
- Obtaining beneficiary assents to accounts and distribution
- Closing the probate estate
Rebecca started Belle Vie Legacy Law, PLLC in White House, Tennessee, and has been committed to helping business owners and families navigate the legal processes of estate planning, business planning, elder law, probate and trust administration, and special needs planning.
every stage of life's journey.
I walk you through each step of your case, taking care of any questions you may have along the way. With Belle Vie Legacy Law, you will feel comfortable, safe, and confident. Get in touch with us today — we look forward to hearing from you.
Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
Rebecca did an excellent job
Rebecca is the best ever!. If you need a good family law attorney she is the one. She tok very good care of us in a timely manner and is very proffesional. We would use her again for sure.
My family used Rebecca to update my dads will & power of attorneys. She is very knowledgeable, kind & accommodating. The entire family strongly recommend using Rebecca for all your estate attorney needs.
Does a great job with wills and Estate planning.
Belle Vie legacy law is a wonderful and professional business that puts their clients first and follows through on their promises! Great firm!
Belle Vie Legacy Law, PLLC (White House, TN) did an outstanding job for my wife and I on our estate plan. We worked directly with Rebecca Bell-Houchin, ESQ. She was very professional, courteous, and explained everything in simple terms. She answered all of our questions and provided comprehensive legal documentation that exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend Belle Vie Legacy Law.
Rebecca is very knowledgeable and was very helpful to our family. Her prices were also affordable. We will continue to use her for our estate needs.
408 Hwy 76, Suite F
White House, TN 37188